Earth Day with SPD, MCS, Mold Issues, sensitive skin, roscia, etc.
As someone always concerned about nature and animals I can’t forget what today is. Can you? Do you even know what today is? Today is a day to remember that many animals share our space. And that nature was here first. Infact, if nature wasn’t here. We wouldn’t be. Yes? I mean think about it. Healthy water is essential to live and not loose our eyesight. Oxygen comes from trees. That’s how we can breath.
If you haven’t figured it out yet It’s Earth Day! I want to remind you that SPD friendly preferred things, can be, (Are), or sometimes should be very earth friendly. SPD people’s often needs/ preferences (Sometimes unconsciously so) are more environmentally sound then those without SPD, MCS, and the like.
1. Walking/Running. Not the alternative of Driving to a Gym for Example/ or needing one. Which can be stress producing too.
2. Biking ( Non electrical) verse the loud polluting motorcycle
3. Hiking Way smarter then a stair master. Right?
4. Listening to nature/ your OWN music when outdoors. Verse bringing your smart phone- killing your battery- and going crazy to find data signal for your PANDORA stations. And then scaring all the animals away.
5. When truly backpacking in the wilderness. Our unscented and fragrance free soaps. Lack of perfume, cell phones on, electronics mostly, and no campfires, are all things Mother Nature truly appreciates. And your luggage will too! Trust me on that.
Unless off course you want a highly stressful vacation with a bear eating your strong smelling (Non SPD friendly food= strong smelling, ) food left overs. Unless the bear destroys your toiletries and while your trying to sleep.! Yea! ? I’m sure you’d LOVE that. Now wouldn’t you!?
1 Lesson take away here is, we don’t need the scents or fragrances. The Bears might be your only friends when backpacking otherwise.
I encourage you to think about (Appreciate what is already done) and at least rhetorically ask yourself the following. . What other things do people like us do, can do, or could need? That harms Mother Nature the least/ better yet helps it. Can you/ do you incorporate it into your regular routine? If not. Maybe you should.
Happy Earth Day! Don’t forget it’s where life all began, and humans were NOT here first.