Some of why high functioning ASD is SO Unique in the disability world.
Some of why Aspies are so unique among the disabled high functioning crowd.
Our brains speak a different dialect .
1. No school or class can teach us or others this dialect.
2. Really bad Sensory Issues
3. Higher fluid intelligence – the ability to find meaning in confusion and solve new problems; the ability to draw inferences and understand the relationships of various concepts independent of acquired knowledge” (Wikipedia 2009)
We do not however, have a higher crystallized intelligence which is the ability to apply acquired knowledge and skills. Think of us as strongly intuitive, intelligent in a sixth sense kind of way, in some cases genius that perhaps are lacking in certain areas of common sense. (Rudy Simone 2010)
4. Our ability to handle mental and emotional drama and info, the same way as our peers.OFF the spectrum. We get exhausted easily.
5. Alexisthemia. – which is the inability or challenge to feel, comprehend, and share our emotions at a similar timing as our peers. And with equal certainty and similarity of what or how we feel our emotions.